Ubuntu Power Users Community

Ubuntu Power Users Community: "

Today Jono Bacon made a blog post about starting a Ubuntu Power Users Community. I personally think that this is a great idea and would love to help out with starting this community. I spoke with Jono about this on IRC, and would like to hear from other people who are interested in getting this setup. Jono originally tweeted calling this new community ‘Ubuntu Tweakers’ and nixternal quickly pointed out that a tweaker is a meth head, another definition according to Urban Dictionary is “Someone who constantly makes slight alterations on (usually a very specific) object, i.e. computer, software, automobile, etc” so I still believe that the name Ubuntu Tweakers is a good choice.


I was thinking that a possible good starting point for this community would be to have a session at the upcoming UDS related to it. I know that a lot of people won’t be at UDS, however remote participation is a big part of UDS, and I believe would be a great starting point for this. Let me know your thoughts and opinions on this. Feel free to contact me via email, leave a comment here, or on IRC.

"