Available Ubuntu Kernel Versions Per Release

Available Ubuntu Kernel Versions Per Release: "

I know many people are curious regarding which Ubuntu kernel is available, and how the kernels differ between distributions. I thought it would be interesting to create a reference outlining each of the supported and available kernels on Ubuntu, and which release they correspond to. I will try to keep this page updated with the latest information regarding Ubuntu kernel versions, including:



  • Ubuntu Release (supported releases only)

  • Kernel Version (including main and updates)

  • Installation / Upgrade Instructions (how to install a specific kernel)


I hope this ends up becoming a useful quick reference for the community.


Ubuntu Kernel Versions


I’ve included a screenshot of the initial data. Please note that this screenshot is not kept up to date. Please download the latest PDF linked below.



Download the latest .pdf here.



"